Copper Filamet™ contains 89% - 90% metal and has a density of 4.5g/cc - 4.7g/cc.
Filamet™ enables any Fused Filament Fabrication printer to produce metal objects. Once fired in a sintering furnace, the result is 100% metal.
What you'll need to print:
* An FFF/FDM 3D printer
* Stainless or hardened steel nozzle sized at 0.6mm (MK8 and MK10 varieties in the shop)
* Blue painters tape for your print bed. Glue sticks also work on glass print beds
What you'll need to debind & sinter:
* Any Kiln or Furnace that can hold the sinter temperature of your desired material. (Sinter temps listed here.) The Virtual Foundry sells two sizes of kiln: Starter and Pro
* Crucible (a few varieties in the shop)
* Sintering Refractory Ballast - Al2O3
* Sintering Carbon
Slicer Setup: Start with a basic PLA profile for your printer. Change the nozzle temperature to 225°C (437°F). Optionally, set the print bed to 40-50°C (104-122°F). Set the flow rate to 135%. Adjust settings from there as needed.
Tip: Put a layer of blue painters tape on the print bed. Filamet™ has great adhesion to the bed.
Nozzle: 0.6mm or larger, stainless steel.
Spool Placement: Reducing friction and pull on Filamet™ during printing is important. Try hanging the filament spool just above the printer.
Polishing: Visit our Use Instructions page for polishing guidelines.
Eliminate tooling and machining costs for short run manufacturing, prototyping, and one-off metal part needs.
Note: All sales final except in cases of defective product.